Become a member
How to become a member Society
The ISR is composed of the national societies of radiology of its constituent countries. These national societies may be separate bodies of radiologists or autonomous radiological sections of national medical organizations.
In any country where there is more than one national radiological society eligible for membership in the ISR, the societies shall be regarded by the ISR as a single body for the purpose of membership. Any application by a national society as designated above to be a member of the ISR must be validated by majority vote of the Executive Committee at its next meeting.
Key facts about the ISR
- Six continental members and over 35 national radiological societies worldwide
- Mission: to improve patient care and population health worldwide through medical imaging
ISR membership benefits
- Be part of a global radiological society that collaborates with
– WHO thanks to the ISR’s role as a Non-State Actor in official relations
– IAEA thanks to official Practical Arrangements on cooperation in the area of diagnostic and interventional radiology
– Other stakeholders from related professions
- Thereby help radiology in low- and middle-income countries – increasingly important in promoting global health
- Stay updated on international efforts regarding radiological safety through ISR Quality and Safety Alliance (ISRQSA)
- Benefit from and contribute to educational resources through the ISR Commission on Radiologic Education(ISRCR)
… for an annual fee of US$ 0.75 per member